Thursday, May 20, 2021

New Release + Review: Deceit by Hazel Grace

Release Date: May 18

Emmy Lou Rhodes was mine, but she didn’t want anyone to know. She kept me a dirty secret, locked up like a caged animal so that no one would discover what we had done.

I’m a man with demons who demand for me to heed caution.
Yet I didn’t yield when I had the perfect opportunity to swallow her whole.
I was her dirty little secret.
She was my everything.
But then she gave someone what I always wanted, her life, and then she destroyed me all in one night.
 
Kace Bishop is a man I fell in love with when I knew better.
He could never love a girl like me.
Overbearing, opinionated, and, sure-shit, not going to take crap with the men I work with.
I warned myself it wasn’t a good idea, but when he asked, I left without caring how hard I’d fall.
He couldn’t give me what I needed.
So I moved on and made the worse mistake of my life.
I always thought Bishop would destroy me.
Turns out, I’m the villain in this story.

Grab Your Copy Here!


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

What an amazing, emotional, gripping story! This book took its toll on my emotions! (Like I need a drink to recover!) I only hope I can do this justice because I'm not sure I have the right words to articulate what this book did to me. 

I want to share all the things and my reactions to everything that happened but doing so would take away the same reactions from someone that hasn't read this. Just know that you need to go in blind. And that it's dark! And that it will push boundaries!

At the beginning, when Hazel Grace takes us back to that heart stopping, emotional scene from Overcast, but only from a different POV, the emotions I felt from back then came flooding back all over again. 

Surprise after freaking surprise! Mills said it best when he said, "Your what now?". You would think the bomb Hazel dropped at the beginning would take the cake but nope, she just keeps giving them to us and some feel like they are up the @$$! 

This author is good at making me want to throw my kindle at the wall. With Deceit, I  was constantly feeling this way. She's good at ripping my heart out, stomp on it a few times, and somehow put it back together again and has me begging for her to do it all over again with the next one. 

Bishop and Emmy - These two keep self-destructing their could be relationship. Each is responsible and has a hand in why they can't work and I had a hard time putting the blame on one more than the other. 

They are opposite as night and day and yet they work. Bishop is the dark to Emmy's light. She's the noise to his silence. Anyone looking in would say they couldn't work out. Little do they know...

Now - I'm over here despising this one character and then all of a sudden, I'm given reasons NOT to hate this character. I don't want to but I know I will probably end up crying for them or cheering them on at some point in this series. (And yes I'm rolling my eyes as I write this because I don't forgive easily.)

Hazel Grace is one of the better authors that can write the gritty, raw, in your face scenes that will push you to the limit. She finds a way to lure me in and draw out these emotions from me. 

I'm so excited and anxious for what she has in store for these B723 characters. They are unlike any I've read before and, as a sane person, I probably shouldn't be as attached to them as I am but I want to know all their secrets and what lies in wait for them.
▅▅▅

Meet Hazel Grace


Hazel Grace is an indie author from the mitten state who is part of the small percentage that doesn't mind the snow. 

Music enthusiast, lover of Mountain dew and dubbed the Cliffhanger Queen by her readers, Hazel is a mother of two boys and a hardcore Oakland Raiders fan.


When Hazel isn't rubbing the letters off her laptop keyboard, she's watching the History channel and spending hours on Pinterest.


Connect with Hazel Grace

Website | Newsletter | BookBub | Facebook | Instagram | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page


Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment