Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Forgotten Commander - Book Review

The Forgotten Commander by K Webster and Nicole Blanchard

Description:
Our planet, Mortuus, is lost and dying.
A desolate place where a few lone survivors dwell.
My men have lost hope. Our future is bleak.
Longevity is a luxury we can’t afford.
The most we can hope for is survival.
We’ve all but given up when an opportunity presents itself.

Five females—a chance at a future.
Procuring these women went against everything I’d been taught, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
They’re ours now.
Asleep and made ready for breeding.
We won’t die out—lost and forgotten.
It’s our destiny to grow and once again inhabit our lonely planet.

I am Breccan Aloisius, the forgotten commander.
My people will have the future they deserve.
I’ll make sure of it.

My mind is made up…until she wakes and nothing goes as planned.

Rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Sci-Fi is not usually my jam. In fact, I usually avoid it. What is my jam is a book that is written so well that I get caught up in it and it doesn't matter what I'm reading about.
K. Webster and Nicole Blanchard did just that with The Forgotten Commander. They were able to humanize a group of aliens that are fighting for their very existence. Even in the first book, it's apparent that each Mort has their own personal struggles they are dealing with beyond their fight to stay alive.
The Lost Commander introduces you to the Morts and the abduction of five women that are to be used for breeding. This story is about Breccan, the Mort Commander, and Aria, a woman with no recollection of how she was abducted. Both Breccan and Aria have their own personal struggles/demons, both are headstrong, and both want to be accepted and respected by the other.
I loved this story. Once I started reading, I didn't want to stop. I could feel the dread in the beginning and the desolation that Breccan was feeling. When Theron and Sayer return with the goods (the women), I felt the hope among the Morts. But when there are 10 male Morts and only 5 alien (humans) to distribute, what is Brecccan suppose to do? Draw straws? Alien or not, these are guys we are talking about. They still think with the same anatomy as their human counterpart!
Then there is Aria. She unwillingly left a glamorous, but unhappy life and now is in a strange world where she is still being controlled and a prisoner. She is a strong yet stubborn woman that has trust issues and just wants to be respected and loved.
And that epilogue!!! I NEED the next book - like NOW!
If you are a fan of sci-fi romance, this book is for you. If you aren't a fan of sci-fi, or have never read it before, I still think this book is for you. If you are a fan of K. Webster or Nicole Blanchard, then trust their previous work and give this book a shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment