Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Fumbled Hearts by Meagan Brandy - Review

Fumbled Hearts by Meagan Brandy 

He’s the persistent playboy who refuses to walk away. I'm the impassive new girl with nothing left to give.
Things are about to get complicated...
After months of refusing, I finally agreed to make the move to Alrick Falls. My family thought it was best - that a new scene would be good for me—and I was sick of having the same conversation.
So here I am, and the plan is simple. Smile through each day and avoid her at all costs.
It's perfect.
Until the cocksure quarterback comes into play.
The last thing I want is his crooked grin and dark brown eyes focused on me.
Yet here he is, cognstantly in my space, pushing me, daring me to care. Telling me what I think and feel, as if he knows.
He doesn't know anything. And  I plan to keep it that way.



Rating 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

So first, let me just say that Meagan Brandy is the queen of writing tough as nails girls in her stories and writing a story that keeps me on my toes!
Lolli moves to Alrick Falls for her senior year. She has secrets that she keeps from the other characters in the book AND kept from the reader. This girl keeps a wall around her heart like it's nobody's business! She wasn't expecting anyone to break through. Any other details will spoil the story. 
There are three moments in this book that kept it from being a three star read for me. The picture/camera event; the Patty Loveless scene; and the swing scene at the end were pivotal moments that gave this book a rawness and heart that it needed. 
This book is hot, angsty, emotional and oh so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment